Five Health Benefits of Vitamin C
- Immunity From Infection
- Weight Loss
- Lowers Stress
- Improves Skin Health
- Improves Strength & Appearance Of Hair
Vitamin C offers a multitude of benefits. Fortunately, the deficiency is rare because Vitamin C appears naturally in so many food sources. Foods high in Vitamin C include; oranges, red/green peppers, strawberries, blackcurrants, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and potatoes.
Here are just five health benefits of Vitamin C:
Immunity From Infection
Improves Skin Health
Vitamin C is required to produce collagen which firms and tones the skin - deficiency can make skin appear dull and lifeless. Collagen also rejuvenates the skin from the roots and reduces wrinkles and appearance of aging. Vitamin C also increases elastin, which makes for thicker skin that can retain more moisture, thus making skin appear plumper.
Improves Strength & Appearance Of Hair
Our Top Five Ways To Increase Vitamin C
- A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, daily.
- Baked potatoes - the easiest of mid-week suppers, filling and nutritious - especially when served with a side salad.
- Stir-fried broccoli with garlic - serve as a side to steak or grilled chicken.
- Stuffed peppers - cook up some rice or couscous, flavor with lemon, herbs, onion, and garlic and stuff inside whole bell peppers to roast. Red and green varieties are the best for Vitamin C.
- Macerated strawberries - sliced strawberries, sprinkle over the sugar, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and leave in the fridge overnight. The strawberries will soften and the vinegar will become almost like syrup. Serve with frozen yogurt and a sprig of mint.